- Used KnightLab’s “StoryMap” project feature to showcase where all of the small school Saints played college football. Used Google’s “Flourish.Studio” to create four additional interactive graphics summarizing where all of the small school Saints coaches played college football and looking at data of small school players from across the NFL.
- Used Google’s “Flourish.Studio” to created three interactive pie charts analyzing the different types of penalty flags thrown in the Saints vs. Jets preseason game.
- Used Google’s Google Form and embedded into a post asking for nominations. I then used that data for a follow-up story. In that follow-up story, I used Google’s “Flourish.Studio” to create an interactive slideshow of the top 10 vote getters and an interactive bar chart to list all the nominees who received five or more votes.
- Used KnightLab’s “Timeline” project feature to recap the events surrounding Will Wade’s suspension.
- Used KnightLab’s “Story Map” project feature to showcase where all of Montana football’s native sons hailed from.
Cat-Griz Insider Podcast
- Recorded a state-wide Montana-Montana State podcast. Hosted by Kyle Hansen of 406MTSports.
- Used Atavist to add digital tools to my oral history of the last basketball game between Kansas and Missouri. This story won three collegiate awards and still is the most read sports story in Kansan.com history.
- Used KnightLab’s “Timeline” project feature to present highlights from Frank Mason III’s senior season. This was part of my portfolio that won an APSE Top 10 in the first Student Contest.
- Used in-house Washington Post tools to create an interactive quiz about what happened in the first week of the 2016 Olympics.